Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its spring time

Its the 3rd Spring for me here in America and a third year of planting some veggies. In our first year, we were at a basement apt in Virginia and the home owners had a lovely garden in spring. This was my first inspiration at planting my own vegetable patch even though now in our apartment in California, I am only able to plant a few in pots.

Last year we planted Mint, Beans and Tomato. The Tomato was a miracle plant which I had blogged in my blog 365 days of Delicious Flavors. I also grew some fresh Methi last year.

Yesterday we were at Lowe's shopping for some lighting when also went into the garden center. I saw some saplings for Tomato and Eggplant. My Mint has been doing fabulously for the whole of last year and with spring it seems to have got a new lease of life.

We bought some seeds for beans and Jalapeno pepper and planted them, which will sprout in a few days.
Mint
Egg Plant(Black Beauty)
Tomato (Beef Master)
Marigold on the left and Tulasi on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment